20 December 2021
PSRE Co Is Pleased to Announce PASS/EQUIP 3.4 Release
Following demands of our valued Customers, we continue to enhance PASS/EQUIP, the comprehensive equipment stress analysis software. In PASS/EQUIP 3.4 version some commonly used international codes have been included.
Starting from 3.4 version, PASS/EQUIP supports the following codes:
- Calculation of vertical tanks according to API 650:
Calculation of wind loads according to CFE 2020 (Mexico).
- calculation of tanks with a steel wall;
- calculation for wind, snow, seismic loads;
- calculation of stiffening rings;
- calculation of nozzles;
- calculation of the junction of the wall and roof, wall and bottom;
- calculation of self-supporting shell roofs.
PASS/EQUIP 3.4 also contains some significant improvements, including the following ones:
- New components have been added:
PASS/EQUIP Vessel&Exchanger configuration now supports:
- custom equipment (with the ability to load and visualize an arbitrary CAD 3D model as part of PASS/EQUIP analysis model, and to automatically calculate its weight on the base of material attribute in CAD model, or total volume and material density):
PASS/EQUIP Vessel configuration: the option of material selection has been added to the plates and nozzles, as well as the independent setting of the material and weight of removable and welded elements.
PASS/EQUIP Tanks configuration now supports “Tumbstone” option for wall nozzles.
PASS/EQUIP Seismic module now supports fractional seismic rates, which makes seismic loads analysis significantly more accurate.
Materials and Components database: torispherical heads have been included as per DIN28013 and DIN28011.
Calculation of elements according to Russian rules of strength calculation for equipment and pipelines of nuclear power plants PNAE G-7-002 has been added:
- Baffles for air coolers;
- Elements of metal structures for air coolers;
- Automatic fastening of air coolers for loads calculating in the model elements has been added;
- Option to place pipes in concentric circles in the tube bundle constructor;
- Immersion Heater option to U-type heat exchangers calculated per ASME VIII-1 App.41.
Calculation of elements under high pressure (in addition to already supported shells, heads and nozzles):
- cylindrical and conical shells;
- elliptical, hemispherical, torispherical heads;
- flat heads;
- high pressure flange joint according to RD RTM 26-01-44-78;
- high pressure bend according to RD RTM 26-01-44-78.
Visit the product page to get more information about PASS/EQUIP 3.4.
All users with active Maintenance Support are recommended to download the new software version.