06 November 2020
PASS/START-PROF 4.84 R4 is released.
The new software release contains important changes and updates:
- Updated code ASME B31.5-2019 Refrigeration Piping and Heat Transfer Components (USA);
- Updated code ASME B31.12-2019 Hydrogen Piping and Pipelines (USA);
- Added Pipes, Tees, Bends and Reducers properties according to the EN codes: EN 10216-1:2013, EN 10216-2:2013, EN 10216-3:2013, EN 10216-42013, EN 10216-5:2013, EN 10217-1:2019, EN 10217-2:2019, EN 10217-3:2019, EN 10217-4:2019, EN 10217-5:2019, EN 10217-6:2019, EN 10217-7:2019, EN 10253-1:1999, EN 10253-2:2007, EN 10253-3:2008, EN 10253-4:2008;
- Added the short description of PASS/START-PROF COM Interface that allows for side applications on C#, Basic and other programming languages to create, modify and analyze models using PASS/START-PROF and read the analysis results. It is used for creation of plug-ins for PASS/START-PROF software. Full description available upon request. For example, the following plugins were developed using the PASS/START-PROF COM-Interface:
- Export to PCF / Import from PCF
- Export to CAESAR II / Import from CAESAR II
- Import from PDMS
- QA (quality assurance) software that automatically analyzes a lot of models and compares results with previous versions.
- Any company can create its own plugin for seamless integration of PASS/START-PROF software into company’s workflow. It is possible to develop a plugin that will automatically invoke PASS/START-PROF stress analysis from 3D modeling software in background and transfer the analysis results back or generate the reports following the corporate templates.
- In addition, it allows creating plugins for data conversion between PASS/START-PROF and any other software. Furthermore, the plugin for piping model optimization or running complex sequences of parametric model piping stress analysis can be created.
- Added ability to import the model from Excel Spreadsheet. It can be used to import the model geometry from manually created spreadsheet;
- Added ability to import the model using data extraction from AutoCAD. It can be used to import the piping geometry from AutoCAD;
- Added ability to specify the stiffening rings on the pipe element, that is used for vacuum piping buckling analysis;
- Added ability to put the miter joints on the ends of the bend elements and other fittings;
- Added ability to set the turbine, compressor, pump, and nozzle movements manually if they are provided by a manufacturer;
- Added new codes SNiP III-42-80* and SP 86.13330.2014 for construction stage of pipelines;
- Pipe database is updated with the latest version of ASME B36.19M-2018;
- EN 13941: Now using the effective axial force instead of true axial force during stress calculation;
- Removed restriction to specify different pressures and temperatures on the pipes, connected to the fittings (tees, bends, reducers). Now the greatest temperature and greatest pressure are used for fittings wall thickness check, SIF and k-factor calculation (if required by specific code);
- Built-in calculator is added to the more fields of user interface;
- Added ability to switch between neighboring pipe objects without closing the dialog;
- Added ability to check the angle of any bend. Added ability to see and modify the long-radius bend tangent;
- Fixed minor issues and made improvements reported by users.
To get more information about the new release, visit Knowledge Base.
PASS/START-PROF users with active Maintenance Support are highly recommended to download the new version from download page. Dongle update is not required.